Friday 29 September 2023

There is no I in Team… but there is in P.I.G.S

From a crossroad you must take one path to move forward. 

The choice as I saw it was either to be like Batman – dressed in black, broody and solitary or as Nick Fury did – assemble a team of the mightiest heroes.

I looked at other famous investigators,

Richard Estep – works with a team

Zach Bagans – works with team

Brad and Barry Klinge – born as a team

Most Haunted – are a team

 The Warrens – married as a team

Scooby Doo – had a team and the Mystery Machine


 The conclusion was simple ASSEMBLE!!! - And also Batman eventually worked in several teams.

Having checked my email and not finding any with ‘Lonely paranormal investigators are looking for you in your area” in the subject line, I thought I better start with finding a group who already had the equipment, were open for business and had somewhere haunted to look at. The obviously solution would be a ghost hunt, and after working out what I wanted from this experience I set about trawling page after page of exciting offer.

There are many companies that organise events at famously haunted locations for the public to assist them on an investigation for a price. I will discuss the problem of monetisation of the paranormal in a future post. I wanted somewhere local, someone trustworthy and with a proven track record of investigation over theatrics.

Like Mary Poppins answering the Banks’ children’s wish I found 4 letters – P.I.G.S - which now stands for Paranormal Information Gathering Service but when they were founded in 2006, after 3 ex-police officers discovered they had a shared interest in the paranormal, it meant Paranormal Investigation Group Sussex. A group started by coppers who know how to investigate the normal (and the sense of humour to call themselves the PIGS) ticked the box to find out more. As I scoured their site I saw how they conducted their experiments, that they looked for rationale answers before calling ‘ghost’ and named their teams using the NATO phonetic alphabet.

The offer of a night in a local haunted fort castle was what I went for, I paid my money and now all I needed to do was wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Touch of the Weird, The Weird Walk of Warwick

The county town of Warwickshire, conveniently called Warwick, is famous for its castle, its university and its proximity to Stratford-upon-A...